tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Compile libpcap with DLT_LINUX_SLL2

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 04:04:29 -0400 (EDT)

--- Begin Message --- From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <devel.fx.lebail () orange fr>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 10:06:10 +0200
On 10/05/2020 00:37, Guy Harris via tcpdump-workers wrote:
Is SLL2 sufficiently established that we'd have to introduce an SLL3 type, or can we just change SLL2 at this point?

Just on the SLL2/SLL3 point:

libpcap-1.9.1 is the first libpcap release to support SLL2, but
-No tcpdump currently release version supports SLL2.
-No Wireshark currently release version supports SLL2.
-As said in a previous message Snort, Scapy, Zeek don't support it.

Therefore SLL2 use does not seem "sufficiently established" and we can just change it.
--
Francois-Xavier

--- End Message ---