tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump testsuite and Perl

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 22:24:45 -0500 (EST)

--- Begin Message --- From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <devel.fx.lebail () orange fr>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 04:24:52 +0100
On 31/01/2020 17:19, Michael Richardson wrote:

Francois-Xavier Le Bail via tcpdump-workers wrote:
    > On 28/01/2020 23:17, Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers wrote:
    >> The new dependency makes it more difficult to run tests and will break
    >> package builds downstream (thus penalising people that cared enough to
    >> make "make check" a part of the build). Maybe the cost of the solution
    >> does not justify the problem it solves (which it would be nice to
    >> state)?

    > Why not just keep the TESTLIST file as it is, a text file with test lines and comments?

Because it does not live alone actually.

It has a series of foo.sh files do that do annoying testing based upon what
is configured, and I'd like to do more of the process of testing things that
are configured, or when they are not configured.
I don't want to write more shell scripts.

We could add a "type" field in TESTLIST and do the process following this type.

    std: standard test.
    crypto: need ssl library.
    gcc: need GCC compiler.
    etc.