tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Linktype allocation for ATSC link layer protocol

From: Nick Kelsey via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 02:13:23 -0400 (EDT)

--- Begin Message --- From: Nick Kelsey <nickk () silicondust com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 23:14:33 -0700

On 3/20/2020 9:42 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2020, at 2:39 PM, Nick Kelsey via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org> wrote:
>
>> Pull request created (#919):
>>
>> https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/pull/919
>
> I've added a proposed description as a comment to the pull request; please check whether my assumptions are correct and whether the description would work for that format's entry on https://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html.

Thanks!

I figure there will be interest in this protocol as we start to see ATSC 3.0 test broadcasts. Our ATSC 3.0 hardware can output pcap data over HTTP in real time so ALP can be captured to file with a simple curl/wget command.
--- End Message ---