tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Link-layer header type for unix domain sockets (UDS)

From: František Kučera <konference () frantovo cz>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 11:14:52 +0100

Dne 23. 03. 19 v 21:04 Guy Harris napsal(a):
On Mar 23, 2019, at 12:50 PM, František Kučera<konference () frantovo cz>  wrote:

There is no MAC or IP address, but there are other useful metadata: socket path (might be also abstract), direction,
UID, GID, PID...
Stream, datagram, or sequenced-packet sockets?

In my application, it is a stream. (but it would be nice to support also datagrams over UDS, so it can be useful also in other cases)

P.S. I have some technical issue with sending e-mails to this conference. I responded to this e-mail even three times (from two different SMTP servers) and none of my responses arrived back nor in the archive <https://lists.sandelman.ca/pipermail/tcpdump-workers/2019-March/thread.html>. However I got "Successful Mail Delivery Report" with:

> <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>: delivery via
>    lists.tcpdump.org.mf.canit.ca[198.41.29.201]:25: 250 2.0.0 x2O8PsNU003629
>    Message accepted for delivery

So my messages were not rejected nor lost on the way from my SMTP servers.

I was able to create a new thread, but now I can't respond.