tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Update of XRA header spec

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 14:08:41 -0700

On Jul 27, 2018, at 3:51 AM, Bruno Verstuyft <bruno.verstuyft () excentis com> wrote:

I was wondering what the procedures are for updating specifications for a certain link type?

If the layout of the header is specified, in whole or in part, by a page on tcpdump.org's Web site, i.e. one of the
linktypes/LINKTYPE_XXX.html files, and the part that's changing is in one of those files, it would be updated by
providing an update to the file, e.g. as a pull request at

        https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump-htdocs

If the layout of the header is specified, in whole or in part, by a page that the provider of the specification
maintains on some other Web site, and the part that's changing is in *that* page, it would be updating by updating that
page.

More specifically, we want to add some extra TLVs to the specification of DLT_DOCSIS31_XRA31
(https://support.excentis.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/159).

If you can just update that page, that's the easiest way to update it.