tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Link-layer header type request for libopenvizsla

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 13:27:29 -0700

On Aug 25, 2018, at 1:10 PM, Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.kornilov () gmail com> wrote:

Answering your questions and Michael question, the url describes the
data coming from the hardware as is. Its format is defined by the
people developing FPGA firmware, that is currently not quite active:
https://github.com/openvizsla/ov_ftdi/tree/master/software/fpga So it
is unlikely that the format will change dramatically, but I just would
like to follow initial format as close as possible.

I suspected that's what the FPGA delivered.

However, I agree that we can just use the following simple
representation for pcap:

struct {
 uint32_t timestamp;
 uint16_t flags;
 uint8_t usb_packet[];
};

So your code to construct pcap files (or your libpcap module) would shuffle the header data around before providing the
packet?

OpenVizsla supports only USB 2.0: low, full and high speed.

So we can just point to the USB 2.0 specification.