tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Link-layer header type request for DisplayPort AUX channel

From: Dirk Eibach <dirk.eibach () gdsys cc>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:11:17 +0200

What kind of capture system/software can read data from this channel and save as pcap?

For capturing I use the Unigraf DPA-400 DisplayPort AUX channel
monitor. There is only proprietary Windows driver and application
available.
I did some reverse enigineering and wrote a wireshark extcap driver
for the device. I also added a dissector and a wiretap for the
logfiles from the original application.
All this shall be posted soon, that's what I need  the header type value for.

Is the VESA specification publically available?
Sadly the VESA specification is only available to (paying) members :(

Would you like to put your Packet Structure on a web site so we can point to it?
If you don't have a site handy, please send a pull request against
     https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump-htdocs
with your description in a new file.  I've changed the name, because
putting "LINKTYPE" in the name is kinda redundant.

I did a pull request as suggested.

Cheers
Dirk