tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: (Question) Is it possible to capture outgoing raw packets on Linux?

From: Viet Hoang Tran <hoang.tran () uclouvain be>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 14:51:32 +0000

Hello Steinar Haug,

Thanks for your confirmation. I tried other packet generators and tcpdump worked correctly.
Then I realised in our program, there is PACKET_QDISC_BYPASS enabled. After disabling it, libpcap could capture
outgoing packets also.

Hope that helps others struggling on the issue like us.

Bests,
Hoang,
PhD student, UCLouvain