tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: PCAPNG

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:28:13 -0800

On Dec 5, 2016, at 1:18 PM, Martin Dubuc <martind1111 () gmail com> wrote:

I am working on an application that requires to store packets in PCAPNG
format. My understanding is that there isn't support for saving packets in
PCAPNG format in the current code base. I have noticed that Apple has
created an API in its custom version of libpcap (latest version can be
viewed at https://opensource.apple.com/source/libpcap/libpcap-67/libpcap/),
and the extension seems to be open source. Is there a plan to merge this to
the libpcap at some point? Or is there plan to implement something else?

See the replies to your "Saving packets with libpcap in PCAPNG format" message.