tcpdump mailing list archives

Remove the eproto_db symbol exporting to keep the DLL delay-load feature on Windows

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:56:36 +0800

Hi list,

Because of libpcap has exported the a data structure called eproto_db (
https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/blob/master/nametoaddr.c#L320),
when I compiled WinDump in MSVC specifying "wpcap.dll" as a delay loaded
DLL, I encountered the link error 1194. The cause is here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w59k653y%28v=vs.80%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
.

Delay loading wpcap.dll is an important part for the switch between Npcap
mode and WinPcap mode. And from the comment, it seems that exporting this
data is not very critical. So can we remove the "PCAP_API_DEF" at the line
beginning to disable the exporting?

Cheers,
Yang