tcpdump mailing list archives

libpcap: fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed

From: ikuzar RABE <ikuzar9295 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 18:16:21 +0200

Hi all,

I work on Debian 8, with linux version 3.16.0-4-amd64, with flex
2.5.39-8+b1.
I wrote a C program which reads packets on one interface (NIC), then dumps
it into a pcap file. I usually use filter (vlan 1024) when I capture with
my program and it works fine with libpcap-1.3.0 (soname: libpcap.so.1) but
now, it does not with libpcap-1.6.2 (soname: libpcap.so.1).

NOTE: it still works without filter anyway

Whenever I run the program, I get one of the three result:
1) pcap file with nothing inside
2) segmentation fault
3) "fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed"

Did anyone alread encouter this problem ?

thanks for your help