tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: request for a DLT for ISO14443

From: Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:48:48 +0100

Thus wrote Guy Harris (guy () alum mit edu):

On Nov 9, 2015, at 12:29 PM, Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx> wrote:

I would like to request a DLT for ISO14443.

ISO14443 is a set of standards defining the communication protocols
between a contactless smartcard and a card reader. There are some
commercially available log tools for capturing such traffic.

I've assigned 264 for LINKTYPE_ISO_14443/DLT_ISO_14443.

Thanks.

I created a webpage at

http://www.kaiser.cx/pcap-iso14443.html

that describes the data following the pcap header.

You might want to update it to indicate that this can appear in both
pcap and pcapng files, and perhaps just say that the packet time stamp
must be seconds and fractions of a second since January 1, 1970,
00:00:00 UTC (not committing to it having microsecond resolution or to
the time stamp having separate second and fraction-of-a-second fields;
both pcap and pcapng can support, for example, nanosecond resolution,
and pcapng time stamps are 64-bit fractions-of-a-second counts).

You might also want to do the same for your DVB-CI page at
http://www.kaiser.cx/pcap-dvbci.html.

I updated both pages to mention pcapng and simplified the paragraphs
about time stamps. All I wanted to say about time stamps is that they
should be compliant to the pcap(ng) specifications.