tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: buildbot success in OpenCSW Buildbot on tcpdump-solaris10-i386

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 10:06:06 -0800

On Nov 1, 2015, at 7:18 AM, Denis Ovsienko <denis () ovsienko info> wrote:

Thank you for fixing this, my Internet link went down shortly after I started to look into the failure report.

Annoyingly, Xcode 7.1's clang didn't catch the format string/argument mismatch on my machine; apparently, if you have a
function pointer that's a member of a data structure, and you mark the function pointer with __attribute__ ((format
(printf, M, N)), it does *not* do the format checks, even though, if you have a function pointer that's a variable, and
you mark it that way, it does.  Bug filed (rdar://23345463, for the benefit of those on the Mothership).