tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: why does pcap_dispatch return 0?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 02:22:59 -0700

On Oct 11, 2015, at 5:00 PM, liu wen <caonimagongling () gmail com> wrote:

then I run the program on host A and send packets from host B, meanwhile I
use a tcpdump to capture packets on A  (tcpdump -i eth0  port 8000 )
the tcpdump can capture the packet, but in the program,  pcap_dispatch()
returns 0 when it is called for first time and the second time (so I get to
consecutive 0, "pcap_dispatch() returns 0", also collect_pkt() was not
invoked), what is wrong? (when it is called for the thrid time, it returns
1)

See

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33090350/how-the-difference-between-libevent-version-1-4-and-2-0-influence-libpcap-events/33098836#33098836