tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Pending pull request #378

From: Denis Ovsienko <denis () ovsienko info>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 18:19:07 +0000

---- On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 03:17:35 +0000 Stephen Donnelly<Stephen.Donnelly () emulex com> wrote ----
Hi, I have had a pull request in the queue on github since August:

https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/pull/378

This does include some ideally separate things, a bug fix, and some improvements. Is there anything blocking this
pull request? Is more information required, or should I rebase and separate the items? Has development moved to a
different tree somewhere?

I notice there quite a few open pull requests in general, are there blocking issues with these, or insufficient
resources to merge them?

Hello Stephen.

Guy Harris is the subject matter expert on such changes. I, for instance, don't clearly understand not only the
solution, but the problem as well -- my own use case is just in a different area.

Sometimes it helps to reorder the changes to make the most obvious and straightforward ones first.

--
    Denis Ovsienko