tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [libpcap] New DLT value Request - Wattstopper DLM (#401)

From: Denis Ovsienko <denis () ovsienko info>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 00:21:48 +0200

---- On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:46:10 +0200 Guy Harris<guy () alum mit edu> wrote ----

On Dec 17, 2014, at 12:04 PM, Steve Karg <notifications () github com> wrote:

For a few years I have been using DLT_USER0 147 (user defined) for capturing and saving a serial protocol used by
Wattstopper Digital Lighting Management products (see website) and dissecting via Wireshark and Lua. I'm planning
on adding this pcap file logging to a product, and would like to have a DLT defined for this usage.

So do you have a detailed description of the protocol?

Steve, if this time you are receiving this as a subscriber to the mailing list, could you describe the encoding in a
way similar to one used for http://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes/ ?

This is intended not to make things difficult for innovation, but to assist the people from future who might be trying
to debug relevant code much later. Thank you.

--
    Denis Ovsienko