tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: buildbot failure in tcpdump+libpcap on Ubuntu-12.04-x64

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:18:14 -0700

Some of the other cases where a bug my changes introduced into print-udp.c; I checked in a fix for that.

The one remaining check failure is with the RADIUS-RFC5176.pcap capture - and, at least as I read RFC 768, the packets
in that capture are, in fact, malformed:

Length  is the length  in octets  of this user datagram  including  this
header  and the data.   (This  means  the minimum value of the length is
eight.)

The length field in the UDP header is 8 octets fewer than what it should be - it appears that its value was set based
on the assumption that the length in the UDP header includes only the payload, not the UDP header.