tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap version

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 08:49:11 -0400

Jon Anderson <jon.anderson () oracle com> wrote:
    > I recently had a change merged with the-tcpdump-group/libpcap
    > (39540b9e1c4a9e4343c6cab77ee66e054f6bce51)

    > Is there any way to tell which libpcap version this change will
    > distributed with?

General answer:
Unless someone said that they pulled it up to libpcap 1.6, it will likely
come out with libpcap 1.7, which ought to be November 2014.  [releases tend
to be synchronized with IETF meetings]

If you want to pull it up to the libpcap-1.6 branch and submit a pull
request, and there is a reason to release a 1.6.3, that could happen.
I see that Guy actually pulled your patch up to the 1.6 tree.
If this is a critical fix, I can push the button on 1.6.3 once I'm back
in the same building as the USB key that can sign it, which should be
in about 12 hours.

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [