tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [tcpdump] timestamps: make possible to request high precision timestamps (#377)

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 14:55:48 -0400

Guy Harris <notifications () github com> wrote:
    > Oops, OS X tcpdump has -k:

    >    -k Print the comment field from the libpcap packet header.  Apple
    > modification.

    > so it's getopt_long() time. (I think "comment field from the libpcap
    > packet header" means "comment option from the pcap-ng packet block".)

Yes.  My notion was to rid tcpdump.c of all code not related to option
parsing,  and then introduce a pktdump.c interface that that could start
fresh in the short-option parsing space.   Could toggle on $0/argv[0].

    > I've got a version of tcpdump that uses getopt_long(); I'll work on
    > making it work right when the OS doesn't have getopt_long(), and check
    > it in.

okay...  !

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [