tcpdump mailing list archives

<errno.h> in the Win32 version

From: "Gisle Vanem" <gvanem () yahoo no>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 15:55:43 +0200

I note that a local "Win32/include/errno.h" is shadowing for the
real <errno.h> which is not nice. And shouldn't sys-headers come first
in missing/inet_pton.c?

#include <tcpdump-stdinc.h> #include <errno.h>
Since MSVC's <errno.h> has a 'EAFNOSUPPORT', but MingW+Watcom
does not, I think it's cleaner to remove the local Win32/include/errno.h and do some checks in tcpdump-stdinc.h instead:

-#include <Ws2tcpip.h>
+#include <ws2tcpip.h>    <<<!! use the real name incase someone cross-compiles
#include "bittypes.h"
#include <ctype.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <io.h>
+#include <errno.h>

+/* It is in MSVC's <errno.h>, but not defined in MingW+Watcom.
+ */
+#ifndef EAFNOSUPPORT
+#define EAFNOSUPPORT WSAEAFNOSUPPORT
+#endif
+

Other targets using missing/inet_pton.c should thus work as before.

BTW. there is a similar issue with EAFNOSUPPORT (and _errno()) in libpcap that I can come back to.

--gv