tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for PROFIBUS link-type

From: Simon Berg <ksb () fluffware se>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:20:12 +0100

I wanted to bump this since I didn't get a reply, maybe due too an
unclear subject-line.
If there's something missing in or wrong with my request please let me
know.

simon

On Wed, 2014-01-01 at 14:29 +0100, Simon Berg wrote:
Hello

I've written some capturing tools and a basic Wireshark dissector for
the PROFIBUS protocol. Since it's delivered directly over a RS485-link,
it needs a separate link-type. Since I haven't been able to find a
suitable type among the existing ones, I'd like to request one being
allocated.

The format is the full packets as described in IEC 61158 (61158-4-3 more
precisely).
For a more accessible description look at
http://profibus.felser.ch/en/

BTW Is there a working archive for this list? The one I've found is
empty.

simon