tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Build and check on a big-endian system

From: François-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 08:11:34 -0800 (PST)

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>

François-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail () yahoo com> wrote:
    > At present, the Travis test do a x86_64 build and a 'make
check'.

    > So the checks are done on a little-endian system.

    > He could be useful to add a build and check on a big-endian system.

    > What do you think about it?

I would love it.
As far as I know, Travis does not have any big-endian systems.
(Nor is it particularly easy to install the right 32-bit x86 libraries on the
same travis instance, because a few of the devel libraries like libusb, have
conflicts between the 64-bit and 32-bit packages on ubuntu/debian)

Do you?

I did not test, but it seems promising :
http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_mips_qemu.php

The wireshark folks have buildbot infrastructure, and we were suppposed to
set up a buildbot server, but it never got done.
If you wanted to take that on, it would be very much appreciated.

If you are at IETF89 London, I could set up accounts for you on bpf, but
really the buildbot server could run anywhere.

Greetings,
Francois-Xavier