tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap segment violation

From: "Daniel H. Bahr" <dhbahr () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:11:01 -0500

First of all thanks for your replies and sorry for the delay on mine.

"On what OS is this?"
  Both Debian 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 (though I really think they represent
the same to you).

"What type of processor is this running on?"
  amd64 bit processors. The Ubuntu box runs on a QuadCore (the Debian
one I am not sure, but it should be something like that).

"Can you get a stack trace to see where the SIGSEGV is happening?"
  I'll unplug the SIGSEGV and see if I get a traceback or something as
soon as I get to the office, and I'll take your proposals into
consideration, see what happens.

"Maybe is related to the fact that you are accessing a global
reference to a java object across JNI calls."
  I'll check that out as well and let you know ...

Best regards, and thanks again for your concern.

Maybe is related to the fact that you are accessing a global reference to a
java object across JNI calls. I'm talking about the "jobject this" defined
at the begin of the code.

I think the garbage collector is allowed to move it. That make sense?
Maybe you can try your code after setting a global reference to it with the
env->NewGlobalRef method.