tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Failing tcpdump 4.5.1 testsuite

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:31:17 -0500

Romain Francoise <romain () orebokech com> wrote:
    > - the pppoes_id testcase requires a pcap version which supports PPPoE
    > session ID filtering (>= 1.5)

True... I'm not sure that we have, up until now, considered this a problem.
Perhaps we should note a minimum pcap version in the test meta-info?

    > - the nflog-e testcase requires a little-endian host, the NFLOG TLV
    > length is in host byte order and the capture file was generated on a
    > little-endian machine, so it can't be read successfully on a
    > big-endian build host.

Okay, so in fact the nflog printing code is broken, period.
How can we get travis-CI to give us a big-endian test machine?!?

--
]     mcr () sandelman ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [