tcpdump mailing list archives

Hardlings and absolute paths

From: "Flemming H. Sørensen" <flemming.sorensen () pyro-os org>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:45:05 +0200

Hello,

While building libpcap and tcpdump on Pyro, I noticed something in libpcap/Makefile.in; You're using hard links, and
absolute paths.

Hardlinks: This may work well on most systems, but our native filesystem doesn't support hardlinks, so it would really
be appreciated, if it was changed to symlinks. You already use symlinks in other places.

Absolute paths: This may work well, if every individual users builds it, and installs directly to the location in which
they want it. I do, however, feel it would be nice to have relative paths, so the package can be moved around. You
already use relative paths in other places.

As the mentioned issues are only affect the man(3) pages, the suggested changes shouldn't cause any unforeseen problems.

I hope you will take my suggestions under advisement. Patch attached.

Best regards
Flemming H. Sørensen
The Pyro OS Team