tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: DLT for Bluetooth Low Energy

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:34:26 -0700

On Jun 13, 2013, at 7:24 PM, Mike Ryan <mikeryan () lacklustre net> wrote:

Hi, I impelemented most of the BTLE support in Ubertooth.

So do LINKTYPE_BLUETOOTH_LE_LL/DLT_BLUETOOTH_LE_LL packets include the
preamble octet and the CRC?

They include the 3 octet CRC, they do not include the preamble.

OK, I'll update the description on the "link-layer header types" page to note that.

So the packet in the file has:

        4 bytes of Access Address;

        2-39 bytes of packet data;

        3 bytes of CRC;

in sequential order, with nothing separating them, right?

To validate the CRC you must know a per-connection CrcInit. This value
will be stored in the PPI with each packet.

"Stored in the PPI"?  Does that mean "stored in per-packet information kept by the program reading the capture file",
or does it mean "per-packet information stored *in* the capture file"?  If the latter, that presumably means there's
some form of pseudo-header preceding the Access Address.