tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: why the ethernet and ip header of packets, which are captured by libpcap function, are distorted

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:45:40 -0400

"wen" == wen lui <esolvepolito () gmail com> writes:
    wen> I used libpcap function pcap_next() to capture some tcp packets
    wen> I checked the bytes of the captured packets and notice that the
    wen> ethernet and ip header of packets are distorted, in a mess with
    wen> a lot 0's but the TCP header is fine

    wen> what are potential reasons for this?

if you capture on Linux with the cooked mode interface.