tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tool to reorder packets of a pcap?

From: Aaron Turner <synfinatic () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:52:22 -0800

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:43 AM,  <rixed () happyleptic org> wrote:
I have a set of pcap files which packets are not stricly ordered according to packet timestamp.
I'd like a tool to reorder such packets according to timestamp (without altering packet timestamp
by by swapping packets in the file).

I couldn't find such tool - should I write one or did I missed something obvious?

I'm not aware of one.  If you find or write one though, let me know-
that's a common problem for Tcpreplay users and I'd love to point them
to such a tool.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic