tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: -W options to gcc

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:25:26 +0100

"Michael Richardson" <mcr () sandelman ca> wrote:

If one wants to add -W options to the standard build, I'm wondering what
the right autoconf magic is to enable such a thing. fxlb suggested:
 "-Wunused -Wunused-parameter"

I compile using MingW (gcc 4.7.2) and normally I use
 -Wall -W.

But this gives tons of warnings. Hence I use these to supress most of
them:
-Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-function -Wno-strict-aliasing

This results in only these warnings:
 missing/inet_ntop.c: In function 'inet_ntop':
 missing/inet_ntop.c:146:44: warning: 'best.len' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
 missing/inet_ntop.c:117:5: note: 'best.len' was declared here

Must be one of the oldest file in tcpdump. From 2005.

--gv