tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: scan_sys_class_net bug in pcap-linux.c

From: Paul Sheer <paulsheer () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 16:56:23 -0600

Thanks,

There are two other problems I am having:

Firstly,

I would like to capture on all interfaces, but I would also like to know,
with each packet, what interface it arrived on and left out of.

This information is contained within the Linux kernel skbuff.

But pcap does not see it.

I also want to see both source and destination hardware addresses of the
Ethernet packet (if it is Ethernet).

I guess this feature requires kernel changes.

The second problem is that tcpdump seems to have no way of listening on all
interfaces. So if you are trying to track SCTP packets that use two
separate interfaces, it seems you have to use wireshark instead.

Best wishes.

-paul