tcpdump mailing list archives

hoe to debug tcpdump and libpcap source?

From: Subbi Tk <subbi.tks () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:24:38 +0530

hi All,
    I am new to tcpdump and libpcap, I have downloaded the source files and
trying to compile in eclipse ....also facing some issue or the other
....and fixing it ...But wanted to know if you have any existing document
or steps to compile the source in  eclipse and how to run in debug mode it
would be of great help.

   My goal: I want to run in debug mode to understand the code flow the
design (internals) of how tcpdump/libpcap works. Basically how the hooks
are made into kernal ....etc. Read few documents and materials available in
net...but wanted to understand the complete code flow...so..

Thanks
Suhas