tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-dev] tcpdump-workers mailing list troubles

From: Tyson Key <tyson.key () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:13:19 +0100

I happened to have received this one, for what it's worth...

Tyson.

2012/4/21 Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard () gtech com>

Guy Harris <guy <at> alum.mit.edu> writes:

On Apr 18, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Sam Roberts wrote:

For what its worth, the last message I saw was on Mar 13th, thought I
have 2 or 3 more messages than I can see on
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.tcpdump.devel

I'm CCing tcpdump-workers, I'll see if I have the problem, too.

For what it's worth, this message just arrived in my mailbox from
tcpdump-workers; it arrived from
wireshark-dev a couple of days ago.

Very strange things seem to be happening.

Since your response was CC'd to wireshark-dev, the threading seems to have
broken.

Compare threading: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireshark.devel
Vs. blog-like, flat interface:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireshark.devel/25291

But nothing about these messages seems to appear on tcpdump-devel, either
threaded or blog-like:

Threaded: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.tcpdump.devel
Blog-like: http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.network.tcpdump.devel

But then on the left-hand side of the blog page, there's a calendar,
currently
"April 2012" where each day of the month where there are messages posted
being
clickable to bring up those messages for that day.  For April, only the
21st is
clickable and only Guy's post shows up.  But why doesn't it appear on the
threaded or blog-like page w/out selecting the 21st?

There seem to have been a lot of lost messages ... in fact, this one might
be as
well, in which case I'm just typing to myself ... again.

- Chris

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.

--