tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: rpcap

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws () darkjames pl>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:58:45 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 07:45:53AM +0200, Fulvio Risso wrote:
Just because the code was done in 2002 and probably at that time I used the old
socket style.

Nah, patch 3518553 [1] is mine :)
Yours code seems to use getaddrinfo like suggested by Artur.
3518553 is less invasive and more compact reimplementation of winpcap's rpcap,
but it doesn't have all features which winpcap version has.
(I thought that less invasive version of rpcap could be finally merged to libpcap...)

Artur, you probably want to use original rpcap support from winpcap.
Either from winpcap sources [2] or from Joerg Mayer git repository[3]

Cheers,
 Kuba.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3518553&group_id=53067&atid=469579
[2] http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WpcapSrc_4_1_2.zip