tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: question regarding bpf_program

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 22:52:30 -0800

On Feb 4, 2012, at 8:18 PM, Prashant Batra (prbatra) wrote:

[Prashant] Thanks, but I used the same device to check this.

Then you must have disabled the optimizer, or used different versions of libpcap, or something.

What was the exact tcpdump command you used with "-d" - just "tcpdump -d", or did you specify a "-i" flag?

What is the output of "tcpdump -h"?

In your program, what was the name of the device you used in pcap_open_live() or pcap_create()?

If you modify your program to do

        printf("%s\n", pcap_lib_version());

what does it print?

What were the exact arguments you passed to pcap_compie()?

I will be happy to unsubscribe, but there is no mailing-list on tcpdump/libpcap
users.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.

That message is appended to all tcpdump-workers mailing list messages - including, as you can see here, yours.

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.