tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for a new DLT_value for ATM- and Iub over IP monitoring

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:59:49 -0800

On Oct 10, 2011, at 11:07 PM, Jens Grimmer wrote:

I just work on libpcap enhancements to monitor ATM- and Iub over IP protocol data, generated/received by our ng40
protocol tester. Therefore I ask you to get a new DLT_value.

I use a pseudo header to transmit ATM path information and all context information which is necessary to dissect the
Frame Protocol layer and the RLC/Mac layers for Iub over IP monitoring.

OK, I've assigned LINKTYPE_NG40/DLT_NG40, with a value of 244.

A detailed description of the pseudo header is available on our web-site:

http://www.ng4t.com/ng40_monitoring_header.html

I've checked in an update to the "Link-layer header types" page on the tcpdump.org Web site:

        http://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes.html

which lists LINKTYPE_NG40/DLT_NG40; it links to a page at

        http://www.tcpdump.org/linktypes/LINKTYPE_NG40.html

which specifies the format of LINKTYPE_NG40 traffic.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.