tcpdump mailing list archives

Capturing in 32 bit guests

From: "Graeme Sheppard" <sait19 () hushmail com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:31:17 +1300

Hi,

I have a problem capturing in a 32 bit guest on a 64 bit VZ/OpenVZ host.
It worked in a 64 bit guest but I had to change to 32 (another story.)

The software can tell the captured data is there but chokes or aborts on
it. Here are a couple of pings then a fatal web request.

# ./tcpdump -f 'not port 22'
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on venet0, link-type LINUX_SLL (Linux cooked), capture size 65535 bytes
16:22:40.132808 IP0 truncated-ip 0
16:22:40.132808 IP10 truncated-ip 0
16:22:40.132808 IP0 truncated-ip 0
16:22:40.132808 IP10 truncated-ip 0
tcpdump: pcap_loop: cooked-mode frame doesn't have room for sll header
4 packets captured
5 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

I could provide a capture file if it helps.

Thanks,
Graeme

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.