tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Warning on enabling ip6 protochain 6

From: ramkumar.paranandi () gmail com
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:22:25 -0700

Hi,

Can we expect any packet drop by the kernel due to this warning? If so, what kind of packets would kernel drop?

Thanks,
./ram

On Aug 8, 2011, at 4:24 AM, Darren Reed <darren.reed () oracle com> wrote:

On  6/08/11 11:22 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
For "ip4 protochain", the only protocol type that needs special treatment is AH; can there be AH-within-AH?  If so,
that'd need a different instruction, otherwise, unless I'm missing something, there's no need for a loop.

There's IP in IP (proto #4) and AH (#51), although I'm not sure how common IP in IP is today.

Darren

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.
-