tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap capture performance drop

From: Doktor Bernd <doktorbernd () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:03:50 +0000

I had time to play around with my packet capturing stuff.

Using a snapshot length of 1524 (i added a few bytes just to be safe) seems to give the same performance in both
versions, so I can go back and use the packages delivered with Ubuntu. Great!

Btw. I experienced the biggest performance increase by changing the 32bit Lubuntu 11.04 to an 64bit Ubuntu 11.04 on the
same machine.

All the best,
Bernd