tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Printing PPI packets

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 13:42:04 -0700

On May 5, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Darren Reed wrote:

In terms of pcap, I'm becoming more and more of the opinion that DLT_PPI should not be used for anything other than
DLT_IEEE802_11.

Sounds good to me.

Why am I not very interested in pcap-ng?
"The pcapng file format specification is still work in progress, see:"

... moving target.

pcap-ng is extensible, so it's *always* going to be a moving target.  However, both Wireshark and libpcap read it, so
there are limits on how much it can move; the spec needs to be clarified to indicate what part isn't going to change
and what part is.-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.