tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap anonymizer

From: Seth Hall <seth () icir org>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 11:05:42 -0400

On Apr 30, 2011, at 12:10 PM, Aaron Turner wrote:

Honestly, I'm not aware of any tool which covers every possibility so

I hate to even mention this, but Bro-IDS' current release (1.5.x) can do this because as you mentioned, information is
leaked through many application protocols and you can program Bro to change application protocol fields fairly
arbitrarily however you want it to while still updating all relevant checksums.  I hate to mention it because we're
actually removing the code from the next major release due to it's slow decay from lack of use.

We'd actually really like to hear from anyone interested in this capability to possibly guide future developments.

Thanks,
 .Seth

--
Seth Hall