tcpdump mailing list archives

Updating /etc/mime.types for application/vnd.tcpdump.pcap (Debian bug 620372, Fedora bug 693155)

From: Glen Turner <gdt () gdt id au>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 16:15:55 +0930

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 21:47 +1030, Glen Turner wrote:
For those with files like /etc/mime.types, you may wish to add the line:
  application/vnd.tcpdump.pcap pcap

Looking at Debian bug 620372 reported by Gerald Combs, if
Debian's /etc/mime.types were to read

  application/vnd.tcpdump.pcap pcap cap

then that would be the nicest backwardly-compatible way out of their
use of the never-applied-for, never-allocated application/cap "MIME
type" for the .cap extension.

I've submitted a bug against Fedora's mailcap package asking for the
line above to be added to their /etc/mime.types.

I've written the config files for XDG, but I need an icon. Being totally
devoid of artistic talent, suggestions are welcomed.

--
 Glen Turner
 www.gdt.id.au/~gdt

-