tcpdump mailing list archives

mac addr of the destination in linux cooked capture

From: Ankith Agarwal <ankitha () cdac in>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:15:13 +0530 (IST)

Hi
  I am trying to capture incoming packets in all the interfaces using
pcap. I just wanted to know if there is a way of finding the interface(mac
address or name) from which the packet has arrived??

        (As I am using the "any" interface, I am getting the linux cooked
capture header in the packet and this header only contains the source mac
address, but I wanted to know the destination mac address so that I can
compare it with the available interfaces' mac addresses and get the
interface from which the packet has arrived.)

Regards
Ankith

--
believed to be clean.