tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request for a DLT value (for nflog)

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws () darkjames pl>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:55:32 +0200

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:46:50AM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
And is there any packet data in there?  For example, is that what's in NFULA_PAYLOAD TLVs?-

I'm not 100% sure if I undestand your question, but I think yes,
it's what current version of pcap-netfilter-linux.c is doing,
i.e. finding NFULA_PAYLOAD and passing it to user as DLT_IPV4

Current version of pcap-netfilter-linux.c is binding only for AF_INET
so it's ok. But after registring new DLT_ it'd be possible to bind both
to AF_INET and AF_INET6.

Registring new DLT_ is also needed when you want to store more
information about logged packets (like uid/gid/prefix).

If you want I can send you example pcap + patch for wireshark.

Cheers,
 Jakub.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.