tcpdump mailing list archives

tcpdump + pf_ring capture: bogus savefile header

From: "M. V." <bored_to_death85 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 01:15:42 -0800 (PST)

hi,

in order to boost capturing performance, i installed PF-Ring for libpcap on
Debian-6.0 using the link below. i got latest version of pf-ring from svn, and
recompiled my intel-card's driver to support pf_ring. i didn't get any error or
problem during the process.

http://www.ntop.org/blog/?p=125

now, when i use tcpdump which is compiled with libpcap-pf_ring to capture
traffic, it captures with no error or warning and it seems that my capturing
performance got better (based on capture-file size), but the problem is:

when i open captured file with wireshark or tcpdump itself, i got a weird error
about bad packets size.

wireshark error:
The capture file appears to be damaged or corrupt.
(pcap: File has 3014350264-byte packet, bigger than maximum of 65535)

tcpdump error:
so i wanted to ask you guys if anyone has experienced this before or has any
idea about it.

thank you.

      -
This is the tcpdump-workers list.