tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump and timestamps

From: Richard Huddleston <huddleston.richard () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 06:53:47 -0500

There are two simple cases to rule out:

1.  The capture was taken using a Napatech or Endace card, which uses its own clock which may or may not be in sync
with the host clock.

2.  There's an unexpected local timezone on the machine used to read and display the packet capture.  Is your client in
a different timezone?

Sent from my iPhone - please excuse any typos.