tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump mirror

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 14:06:22 -0400

"Bionic" == Bionic Candy <hi () bioniccandy com> writes:
    Bionic> Hi there,
    Bionic> I can offer 5TB/month transfer from each server in Germany (4 servers max) on
    Bionic> 1Gbit, alternatively from server in London, UK.
    Bionic> What are the requirements when setting up new mirror ?

http://www.tcpdump.org/mirrors.html

What you have is plenty. You need to rsync from bpf.tcpdump.org every
night.  You'll need:

bpf-[/tcpdump/htdocs] mcr 1003 %du --si -s
519M    .
of space, maybe 1G at the worst case.

I'll ask you to configure:
     www.de.tcpdump.org
and  www.tcpdump.org
as virtual hosts, and ask you to give me the A record to point to.

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.

-