tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Raw USB capturing with libpcap 1.1?

From: Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:43:40 +0000 (UTC)

Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard <at> gtech.com> writes:

I changed the filter and it works as advertised.

I had to put this aside for awhile, but revisited it today.  While I did change
the filter to one of the form "{expr} {relop} {expr}" and was able to
successfully capture packets, the capture filter itself doesn't really seem to
do much of anything.  Basically what I've found is that as long as you have a
valid filter specified, ALL packets are captured regardless of what the filter
is.  However, if I apply the same exact filter when reading a previously saved
capture file, then the filter works as expected.  Has anyone else experienced
this?

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.