tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Release schedule?

From: Darren Reed <Darren.Reed () Sun COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:58:32 +0100

Michael Richardson wrote:
"Darren" == Darren Reed <Darren.Reed () Sun COM> writes:
    Darren> A question that I'm sure that everyone who's responsible for
    Darren> bringing libpcap and tcpdump into a distro would like to
    Darren> know is, what are the plans for the release schedule of
    Darren> libpcap and tcpdump, if there are any?

    Darren> Does a release of libpcap mean that there will be a new one
    Darren> for tcpdump?  And/or vice versa?

We were planning a release for earlier this month, and the question of
newline behaviour came up.  I gave it an extra week to let people catch
up and express an opinion.

At this point, I think we have decided to release 4.1 as-is.

Does tcpdump 4.1 imply libpcap 1.1 or 1.0.1  will also be made available?

Darren

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.