tcpdump mailing list archives

After getting "bogus file header" error, reading next frame with pcap_next_ex()

From: Deha Kuran <deha84 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:11:53 +0200

 Hi everybody;

 As you can guess from subject, I would like to know if it is possible
to read the "next" Ethernet frame from a savefile using pcap_next_ex()
function, in case of having a
"bogus savefile header" error for the current frame.

I have found that bogus savefile header error is an error for the cases
where the length of frame is beyond the limits. So in this case, does
pcap_next_ex() function works properly to read next frame?

And my second question: Is the packet length value always limited to
maximum 32-bits (i.e. 65535 decimal) ?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.