tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request new DLT value for raw fibre channel

From: kahou lei <kahou82 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:36:45 -0700

It is not base on RFC 3643. We are following the standard from
http://www.t11.org .

You can find the draft in Fibre Channel (FC) -> FC-FS-3 Fibre Channel -
Framing and Signaling - 3INCITS Project 1861-D.

Basically, we are following Table 4 Valid Data Characters (Section 5.14) and
Table 7 Frame Delimiters (Section 5.2).

We are currently supporting:

SOFi2 - BCB55555
SOFn2 - BCB53535**
SOFi3 - BCB55656
SOFn3 - BCB53636
SOFf - BCB55858
EOFt RD- -BC957575
EOFt RD+ - BCB57575
EOFa RD- -BC95F5F5
EOFa RD+ -BCB5F5F5
EOFn RD- -BC95D5D5
EOFn RD+ -BCB5D5D5
EOFni RD- -BC8AD5D5
EOFni RD+ -BCAAD5D5

The content of the packet header is based on Section 8.2 General Frame
Format.

Thanks,
Kahou